2019 November / December Single-cam
UCT TV STUDIO / CENTRE FOR FILM AND MEDIA STUDIES / STEPPING STONE AMAZING OPPORTUNITY:
FREE FILM COURSE
UCT TV & Stepping Stone are presenting a unique Single-cam, non-fiction filmmaking course. This is a wonderful way to add a quality film to your portfolio and learn about all aspects of production.
Only a limited number of applicants can be accepted, so hurry up and get your application in!
As a participant you will learn about:
- conceptualizing stories and writing treatments for documentaries
- writing a script and doing a paper edit for a 5-minute promotional documentary
- various production roles, including directing, producing, camerawork and editing
- how to pitch ideas to and take briefs from clients
- how to draw up and manage production budgets
- how to structure engaging non-fiction films
What you’ll gain:
- a 5 minute film for your show reel
- a certificate of attendance
- a variety of filmmaking skills (pre-production, production and post-production)
- confidence working with camera and editing equipment
- experience working as part of a production crew
- experience controlling projects from concept to delivery
- experience liaising with clients
Dates: 11 November - 13 December 2019
Before applying, make sure that you are available from 08h30 – 17h00 for all of the dates below. As there will be homework and group tasks, you should also be available after hours by arrangement.
Deadline: 12h00 Friday, 18th of October 2019. However, interviews will be conducted from the 22nd to the 24th of October 2019.Final selection announcement will be made on the 25th of October 2019. Download the official application form here. Email to email@example.com OR hand deliver to UCT Television Studio, Baxter Theatre Centre, Corner Main & Burg Rds, Rondebosch.