2017 November / December Single-cam Application Form
UCT TV STUDIO / CENTRE FOR FILM AND MEDIA STUDIES / STEPPING STONE
FREE FILM COURSE
UCT TV & Stepping Stone are presenting a unique Single-cam, non-fiction filmmaking course. This is a wonderful way to add a quality film to your portfolio and learn about all aspects of production.
Only a limited number of applicants can be accepted, so hurry up and get your application in!
As a participant, you will learn about:
- conceptualizing stories and writing treatments for documentaries
- writing a script and doing a paper edit for a 5-minute promotional documentary
- various production roles, including directing, producing, camerawork and editing
- how to pitch ideas to and take briefs from clients
- how to draw up and manage production budgets
- how to structure engaging non-fiction films
What you’ll gain:
- a 5 minute film for your show reel
- a certificate of attendance
- a variety of filmmaking skills (pre-production, production and post-production)
- confidence working with camera and editing equipment
- experience working as part of a production crew
- experience controlling projects from concept to delivery
- experience liaising with clients
30 October 2017 – 1 December 2017 (Monday – Friday)
Before applying, make sure that you are available from 9h00 – 17h00 for the duration of the course.
Email to email@example.com Fax to: + 27 21 650 4746 or hand deliver to UCT TV Studio, Baxter Theatre Centre, Corner Main rd x Burg rd, Rondebosch.
Application Deadline: 13:00 on Friday 29 September 2017